Thursday 19 December 2013

Wanna see me dancing with my dog? Sure ... no worries. (Merry Christmas!)

Just signing off for the year ... I will be back on Monday January 6. I hope you all have an fabulous Christmas and New Year! I'm sure you'll see me around Facebook and Twitter, so I won't have totally disappeared.

If you've dropped by for some leisurely reading, why not browse this year's The Artist Unleashed posts from various writers and artists who chose to unleash parts of their lives as artists on this blog.

Or maybe you'd like to revisit a few of the most popular posts of the last seven days, here, here, and here.

And because I'm not afraid of making a fool of myself, I'll sign off with a video of me doing some crazy (horrible) dancing in my dressing gown with my dog, Holly, recorded especially for youa reminder to embrace the spirit of Christmas! (Because Joan Jett is the epitome of Christmas, don't you think? ;-) And by spirit, I don't mean the intangible kind.)


________________________

CLICK HERE to subscribe to my newsletter. Every subscriber will receive The Hum of Sin Against Skin for free, and be the first to know about new releases and special subscriber giveaways.

13 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays to you, Jessica! Best wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were making your dog crazy!
    Merry Christmas, Jessica.
    And will promote your writer's retreat my first post of next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dancing! Merry Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess - Happy Christmas and festive time .. poor dog didn't stand a chance!! Great fun to watch and I love Dalmatians ...

    Happy times - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dog was getting into it. I thought you were going to lose a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's adorable! Too bad I couldn't get my cats to dance.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi miss jessica and holly!
    wow! you and holly sure got the moves. made me smile and laugh.
    im wishing you and all your family (holly too) happy and fun holidays. and for sure im wishing you the best new year ever.
    love you bunches! big hugs from lenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Jessica. Have a great break.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful holiday season Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I won't be able to view the video until I get home from work, but have a Merry Christmas Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Dance like nobody is watching (and then put it on the Internet so everybody can watch)". Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris